What Is DGS?
http://woodwardccf.com/product-tag/cookbook?add-to-cart=1037 DGS (Dryden Glass Sand) is made from recycled glass. In contrast to AFM®, it is made from mixed glass and it is not subjected to any activation process.
Certified Key Characteristics
- Fine filtration > 5 microns (at 20 m/hr)
- Higher efficiency throughout the entire filtration cycle
- Minimum certified backwash time of 240 seconds (at 45 m/hr)
Granulometry & Repartition In The Filter
DGS is available in 2 different grades:
- Grade 1 = 0.6 to 1.2 mm – 70 %
- Grade 2 = 1.2 to 2.5 mm – 30 %
The total recommended height of the filter bed is 1100 to 1200 mm. In order to optimise mechanical filtration, a 10 cm layer of active carbon can be added.
Commissioning Of The Filter
After filling the filter with DGS it is important to carry out three 10 minute backwashes in order to rinse the media and to ensure the correct repartition of the layers in the filter bed.
Variable filtration rate according to application :
- Public pools – 15 to 25 m/hr
- Backwash rate : 45 to 55 m/hr for 3 to 5 minutes maximum.
- Granulometry G1 0.6 to 1.2 mm
- Hardness 7 mohs
- Sphericity > 0.8
- Roundness > 0.7
- Coefficient of uniformity < 1.3
- Aspect ratio < 2.4
- Specifis density 2.5
- OAD > 10
- Purety 99.95%
- Energy < 65 kw/tonne
- Density G1 1.25kg/l
- Density G2 1.23kg/l
- Density G3 1.22kg/l