Ensuring a Consistent Quality & Supply Of Water for the Polishing Filtration System at Ford’s Wastewater Treatment Plant
Supply of polishing filtration system to Ford’s wastewater treatment plant
· Reduce COD, residual oil and particulate matter
· Recycling the polished effluent back to the plant as washwater
· Save water and energy costs
Ford industrial effluent
- Existing quartz-sand media filtration system clogged frequently.
- Values of COD, residual oil and particulate matter were above permitted limits for dumping into water source
- Recycling the polished effluent back to the plant as wash-waste.
- Save water and energy costs.
The following processes were carried out:
- Trials were carried out in a site pilot plant comparing AFM® to quartz sand.
- Full scale filtration system was revamped accordingly with the following processes:
AFM® – Catalytic Media filtration with coagulation.
Final disinfection using Sodium Hypo-Chlorine.
Residual Oil (PPM)
Water saving (%)
Electricity saving (%)