Clean Water for Banana Harvest
- The plant’s well water contained Ferric and Manganese.
- The incoming bananas oozed Latex from the cut.
- The combination of the above turned the water color to purple and stained the bananas.
- Water turbidity was above the maximum allowable level.
- Water polluted with germs and fecal coliforms.
- Wastewater were not recycled and created ecological problems downstream
Supply clean water for a Banana
Ferric, Manganese and Latex
2.757 g dm40 m3/hr
A private deep well
Coliform Forming Units (CFU/100 ml)
Water & Energy Cost
The following processes were carried out:
- Side-stream circulation: Screen Filtration with automatic back wash.
- Oxidation of Ferric, Manganese and Latex into a lamella reactor: Implementing Hydrogen Peroxide with redox control.
- Coagulant dosing in order to agglomerate the oxidized fine particles into bigger flocs.
- Media Filtration: Catalytic Media Filters – implementing AFM®.